We were discussing the discipline of simplicity.
The concept of living simple lives…
1. Don’t “buy” things just to “have” things. (Like all those empty Rubbermaid containers I have in the utility room, just waiting for me to get one of my overwhelming urges to organize.)
2. Take joy in giving things away. (It would make me very happy to give you the bills for my eye surgery.)
3. Develop a deeper appreciation for creation. (Like the weeds in the flowerbed?)
4. Reject anything that oppresses others.
5. Get rid of the distractions that keep you from staying on task.
The question was asked, “How can we be more intentional about simplicity?” A lovely, professional mother-of-four commented that she tries to limit her schedule to three things a day. She said anytime she tries to squeeze in more than that, it makes her a “grouchy mommy”.
Well, I don’t want to be a grouchy mommy either.
So today I got out of bed, shaved my legs, and drove to the coffee shop for a Cinnamon Latte.
One, two, three. It worked. I don’t feel grouchy at all. Mission accomplished.
Simplicity is good.
One thought on “Real. Simple.”
LikeLiked by 1 person